BECOME AN ASSOCIATE TEACHER
The role of Associate Teacher is a critical role for anyone who is ACBC certified and desires to see pastors and ministry leaders equipped in biblical counseling training all over the world. The Associate Teacher comes alongside our Country Coordinators and is utilized for teaching in any country that he or she wishes to visit. The Associate Teacher will help by teaching one or a variety of sessions, depending on the event the country is hosting.
Many of our Associate Teachers are known and recruited by an OIC Coordinator, but anyone qualified can serve with us and make themselves available for any event anywhere we need other teachers. This role can be extremely exciting in that there are a variety of places to visit and the only responsibility is for the sessions you are teaching. In addition, there is no commitment to how many times a year any of our Associate Teachers would attend an event to help provide instruction, but consistent availability is appreciated.
The Associate Teacher:
- is a support role to our Country Coordinators for our Church Leadership Training modular program
- will teach one or more sessions at a given CLT module event (see the Modules Topics here)
- will be available to teach specific sessions or any sessions in the four modules, as the Associate is equipped or chooses
- will engage with CLT event attendees, including pastors and elders, other church leaders, and other individuals brought by their church leaders for training, during both the formal training sessions as well as informal gathering times, such as meal breaks
- will have a desire to help God’s people across the world to be trained to biblically counsel as well as to train others to counsel biblically
- will be responsible for fundraising any travel costs to and from the CLT event’s country
An OIC Associate Teacher should have the following general qualifications and qualities:
- Graduate-level theological and/or counseling education
- ACBC or IABC certification
- Significant positive ministry experience
- A compelling style of presentation (in other words – be an interesting and engaging teacher!)
- Ability to travel internationally, including current passport
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Teacher for OIC, please complete and submit the following contact form and our Director of Operations, Gary Meeks, will be in contact with you regarding the first steps in the process:
Check out our Events Calendar to see Biblical counseling training and programs happening around the world.