Our Vision Statement
The vision of Overseas Instruction in Counseling is to glorify God through the spiritual strengthening of believers and churches around the world.
The Apostle Paul is best known as a church planting missionary. But Paul didn’t just begin churches and leave them on their own. A vital part of his ministry was church strengthening, a ministry he accomplished both through personal visits (Acts 14:22; 15:41; 18:23) and through letters.
Our Doctrinal Statement
What We Believe and Teach
- We believe and teach the inspiration, authority, inerrancy, and sufficiency of the Scriptures.
- We believe and teach the Biblical account of the creation of the physical universe, angels, and man.
- We believe and teach that there is one and only one living and true God.
- We believe and teach that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature.
- We believe and teach that Jesus was begotten of the Holy Spirit in a miraculous manner and that He is both the Son of God and God, the Son.
- We believe and teach that man was created in innocence (in the image and likeness of God) under the law of his Maker, but by voluntary transgression Adam fell from his sinless state, and all men sinned in him, in consequence of which all men are totally depraved, are partakers of Adam’s fallen nature, and are sinners by nature and by conduct, and therefore are under just condemnation without defense or excuse.
- We believe and teach that the salvation of sinners is divinely initiated and wholly of grace.
- We believe that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition of salvation.
- We believe and teach that all who are truly born again are kept by God the Father for Jesus Christ.
- We believe and teach that the local church is an organized congregation of immersed believers, equal in rank and privilege, subject to the Word of God, and independent of any external, ecclesiastical control.
- We believe and teach the pre-tribulational, pre-millennial return of Christ, an event which can occur at any moment.
Dr. Andrew Rogers
OIC Executive Director
Dr. Wayne Vanderwier
OIC Director at Large