The Discover OIC Conference
Overseas Instruction in Counseling is built on and around the Biblical mandate for Christians to make wise and flourishing disciples of Jesus Christ who then make more wise and flourishing disciples of Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19-20; Col. 1:28-29; 2 Tim. 2:2). This means that we love to provide opportunities for trained and seasoned Biblical counselors to train other believers to become disciple makers.
If you love discipleship ministry, especially Biblical counseling, and have a desire to work with elders, pastors, church leaders, and other believers around the world to become Biblical counseling trainers of Biblical counseling trainers, we would love to see you at our annual Discover OIC Conference.
When and Where
Our next Conference is currently scheduled for:
April 14 – 16, 2021 in Los Angeles, CA
(specific location details to be confirmed shortly)
Anyone who desires to participate in Biblical counseling training with OIC in other nations, including:
- Elders, pastors, and pastoral staff members
- Experienced Biblical counselors and counseling trainers
- Graduates of recognized Biblical counseling degree programs
Please note that we love married couples serving together internationally and so spouses are encouraged to attend!
A potential OIC team member should have the following general qualifications and qualities:
- Graduate-level theological and/or counseling education
- ACBC or IABC certification
- Significant positive ministry experience
- A compelling style of presentation (in other words – be an interesting and engaging teacher!)
You will learn a variety of information about OIC as well as receive initial equipping for serving as a teacher with our ministry, including:
- The history, vision, mission, values, and strategic objective of OIC.
- How to create and develop ministry partnerships in other nations.
- How to avoid common international biblical counseling training mistakes.
- How to recruit and prepare associate teachers.
- Lessons from experienced OIC Directors.
- The basic elements of the support discovery process.
- The structure and curriculum of the OIC Church Leadership Training Program.
Cost, Registration, and Other
The cost is $100 per person, which includes materials, conference meals, and other items.
If you are interested in attending, please check back again soon for registration information and link. You can also email us with your interest in attending or with any questions you may have.
We will also provide information here about options for lodging, food (for meals not included with the conference), and places to see and visit in our hosting city, once the location is confirmed.
Check out our Events Calendar to see Biblical counseling training and programs happening around the world.